Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Some finds and a project

So, sorry it's been a while since I logged in - life happens, ya know??  I have spent the last week or so deciding to take a spot in a shop that I love - White Home Collections in Wilton, NH.  This was a big decision for me since it is over an hour away from me and the rent is more that I'm used to paying - but I think I'll be happy there.  I already like all of the other dealers from doing one of their 3-day occasional sales last month, so it should be fun.  My mind is being taken up w/ display ideas since the space is a bit cut up but I think it will work out fine.
With this in mind, I happened to stop at a yard sale over the weekend (70 degrees here!!!) and picked up a few things:
The silverplate items will be pincushions and the bits of jewelry will be incorporated into my jewelry pieces.
Now, if my DD Heather is reading this, yes, I AM having my own yard sale in a few weeks, but I don't have these cute items to put in it!  LOL!

I also had this great dresser given to me, BUT it reeks!  I really don't have too much hope of salvaging the whole dresser, but I can use the drawers for organizing and display:



I'm still fighting w/ my new camera and am beginning to think (no, I pretty much KNOW) that I will never be a "photographer" - not like my DD!  But, you can get the idea, no?

1 comment:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Hi Another Wanda! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm absolutely in love with your site. It's gorgeous and your things are gorgeous. Good luck with the booth. Almost every one I've ever had was an hour from me. It can be done.

Wanda @ Just Vintage
http://www.shopjustvintage.com/blog