Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Terrific finds!

Well, I have been finding some great stuff!  Will put up some pics as I take them, but so far a few are keepers!  Found a great wing chair to go in my living room (yes, I know, I have to get rid of sell or donate the two wing chairs that I have in there now, but the shape and colors of this chair - not to mention the  price!! Could NOT pass up!  Pic to follow as soon as I get it home :-)... (as mentioned, my son avec truck, is coming from Colo. but as yet has not arrived to help me w/ transport of chair).  The other find, is a WONDERFUL bedroom set - yes, a whole suite! I was NOT looking for a bedroom set, have been extremely happy w/ my brass and iron bed, but this set is the first I have seen that I would trade my old standby for.  French, dripping w/ those great embellishments, from the '30's, and would ordinarily break the bank - but found it at a yard sale!  What caught my eye was the bedside table and vanity bench in the driveway - I was interested in either/both if I could afford them - and then saw the sign that they were part of a set including bed, vanity table, 2 dressers, and mirror for over vanity table - yeah, right - thousands, no??  NO!  $150 !!  yikes! I told the man I had to think about it (refinishing/painting, how to get them home, how to fit all of it in my bedroom, to keep or sell?), took me until I got home to realize that I could sell the tall dresser (which I had no room for) for more than the whole set would cost, and then it would be a no-brainer :-).. so now, how to get it home :-) :-)  The vanity alone is to-die-for!  Pics to follow!
And to top all this off I went to a Hospital Fair that I usually have good luck at.  I noticed the prices were a lot higher this year (probably because they were building a NEW hospital :-)), but still, a few bargains to be had.  I could not get near the jewelry tent so went to the linens - found a few nice pieces of fabric and a nice feather pillow, got a great mirror, a few pieces of china, etc.  But then went back the next night and at the end of the night it's a fill a bag for $5 and make offers on some stuff.  After I made a ridiculously low offer on a lamp and metal stand and it was accepted, I hadn't even gotten them back to my car when they announced over the loud speaker that it would now be FREE!  So, I made a little charitable donation there :-), but might not have gotten the pieces I wanted in the crush of people now crowding that spot!  LOL!  So there you have it - my expensive but bargain filled week!

1 comment:

The Smith Hotel said...

Hi Wandalee! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! I'm your new follower too! Can't wait to see that bedroom set!

Jody